What's Your Giving Story?
This #GivingTuesday, December 2, 2014, the Central New York Community Foundation is inviting you to share your own #unSelfieCNY to tell us how and why you support the local causes of our community.
Sharing your charitable efforts this one time of year isn’t intended to glorify your virtue, but rather to inspire others to give, and to educate your friends and family about the organization you choose to support.
Take a piece of paper and write how or why you support charitable causes with your time or money. Take your picture holding up the piece of paper in front of you. Then upload the photo to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and remember to include the hashtag #unSelfieCNY. One lucky #unSelfieCNY poster will be picked randomly to receive a $1,000 gift to a local charity in their honor.
Not sure what to write? Try answering one of these questions:
- Why do you donate to charity or volunteer?
- How do you give back?
- Who do you support? Why?
- Why should others give back and/or support the community?
One lucky #unSelfieCNY poster will be picked randomly to receive a $1,000 gift to a local charity in their honor.
Post your #unSelfie today and show us what a 'giving' community Central New York can be!
- Entry: To qualify, your entry must be posted by 11:59 p.m., December 2, 2014 and include the hashtag #unSelfieCNY. The post must be viewable by the general public.
- Selection: One #unSelfieCNY selection will selected in a random drawing to name the charity of their choice to receive a $1,000 donation.
- Random Drawing: The drawing will be held on December 3, 2014.
- Notification: The winner will be notified by 4:30 p.m. on December 3, 2014. He or she will be asked to notify the Community Foundation of their selected charity by 4:30 p.m. on December 5, 2014. The winner will be publically announced on or before Monday, December 8, 2014.
- Chosen Charity: The charity designated by the winner must be a qualified tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization certified by the Internal Revenue Service as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3); publicly supported organizations such as schools and municipalities are also eligible. It must also serve residents and communities within Onondaga, Oswego, Cortland, Madison or Cayuga counties.
Download our pre-made #unselfieCNY poster here: #unSelfieCNY Poster
RULES & REGULATIONS
- No purchase necessary.
- The official sponsor and administrator of #unSelfieCNY is the Central New York Community Foundation, Inc. (“CNYCF”), located at 431 East Fayette Street, Suite 100, Syracuse, NY 13202.
- Official entries will only be accepted until 11:59 pm, Tuesday, December 2.
- To qualify, you must post a qualifying image to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Your entry must include the hashtag #unSelfieCNY and your post must be viewable by the general public.
- You may not enter the same photo more than once in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole and absolute discretion of CNYCF.
- To enter the sweepstakes without posting a qualifying image, send an email to email@example.com.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- The sweepstakes is open only to those who post to either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram during the designated timeframe using the correct hashtag. The sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees and board members of CNYCF, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- One #unSelfieCNY selection will selected in a random drawing, to be held on December 3, 2014, to name the charity of their choice to receive a $1,000 donation. Only one prize will be awarded. The grant must be paid directly to the chosen charity.
- The winner will be notified by 4:30 p.m. on December 3, 2014. He or she will be asked to notify CNYCF of their selected charity by 4:30 p.m. on December 5, 2014. The winner will be publically announced on the CNCYF website (cnycf.org) on or before Monday, December 8, 2014.
- Winners will be notified via email or direct message to the social media account used to submit the entry. CNYCF shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize by 4:30 pm, Thursday, December 4, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
- The charity designated by the winner must be a qualified tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization certified by the Internal Revenue Service as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; publicly supported organizations such as schools and municipalities are also eligible. The designated charity must serve residents and communities within Onondaga, Oswego, Cortland, Madison or Cayuga counties. The grant made by CNYCF to the charity designated by the winner must be used exclusively for charitable purposes. The winner may receive no personal or monetary benefit as a result of the charity designation. CNYCF may accept or reject the winner’s charity designation at its sole and absolute discretion.
- The prize is nontransferable. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for CNYCF to use winner's name, likeness, entry and chosen charity for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States of America AND New York State, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York State having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Violating any third party’s rights, including rights protected by the United States Copyright Laws, in connection with a submission.
- Engaging in conduct which raises material questions about the participant’s honesty, integrity, or character or which is likely to subject CNYCF to disrepute by association.
- Engaging in any act, course of conduct, or omission that CNYCF reasonably believes to be inconsistent with the fair administration of #unSelfieCNY.
- Engaging in, or encouraging others to engage in, conduct that violates the law or another party’s legal rights.
- Engaging in political advocacy; including, but not limited to, supporting a political party, supporting a particular candidate, lobbying for or against any law or proposed law, or otherwise using any aspect of #unSelfieCNY as a platform for advancing a particular political agenda.
- Discriminating against, disparaging or denigrating anyone on account of race, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, political orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or mental or physical disability.
- Disparaging or denigrating a product, service, person, company or organization including, but not limited to, CNYCF and its partners.
- Promoting or advocating for a religion or any particular religious point of view in connection with #unSelfieCNY, or engaging in proselytizing, which includes but is not limited to, acts meant to advance a religious denomination or expand its membership or encourage conversion.
- Making statements which contain profanity, are overtly sexual or violent, or that suggest an intent to abuse or harm others.
- By submitting an entry to #unSelfieCNY, you understand that CNYCF, anyone acting on behalf of CNYCF, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Additional Forms. The organization nominated by the winner may be required to sign and submit an affidavit of eligibility, applicable tax forms, liability releases, and other relevant paperwork. Nominee may also be required to grant CNYCF the right to use nominee’s name/likeness for promotional purposes.
- Technical Problems. CNYCF assumes no responsibility for errors in transmission, interruptions in service, or other technical errors or delays which could affect a submission, including whether such submission is ultimately received by CNYCF, and may arise from, among other things, high volumes of internet traffic, failures in the nominee’s internet service, unauthorized intervention by third parties, or other technological problems.
- Liability Release. By participating in #unSelfieCNY you agree to release CNYCF, its media partners, sponsors, and all other persons or entities working with CNYCF to conduct #unSelfieCNY (the “releases”), from all liability, loss, or claim of any kind which may arise from, or relate to, your participation in any phase of #unSelfieCNY or from your use of any prize(s) received. This release shall be effective even if your loss or claim is caused by, or contributed to by, the negligence of one or more of the releases.
- Indemnification. As a participant in #unSelfieCNY, you agree to indemnify and hold CNYCF and the other releases harmless against any third party claims which may arise from, or relate to, your breach of any of the terms of this agreement.
- Limitation on Liability. To the extent a participant has a claim that is not released by the above liability release, the aggregate liability of CNYCF and the other releases shall be limited to the greater of $100 (U.S.) or the actual cost incurred by such claimant(s) as a result of claimant(s) participation in #unSelfieCNY (excluding attorney’s fees). In no event shall the liability of CNYCF or the other releases include indirect, consequential, or punitive damages.
- No Warranties. All prizes are provided “as is” and “with all faults” and without warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- Severability. To the extent that any provision of this agreement or any paragraph, term, sentence, phrase, clause or word of this agreement shall be found to be void, illegal or unenforceable for any reason (and not subject to further appeal), (i) the remaining terms and provisions hereof shall be unimpaired and shall remain in full force and effect, and (ii) the illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision or term shall be replaced by a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of such invalid or unenforceable term or provision.